We can all agree that the most exciting moment of receiving a present lies in its unboxing. From unraveling the ribbon to tearing the wrapping, every moment sparks a childlike joy. This article illustrates how a brand of every #NICESector can create the perfect gift box to capture this universal emotion.
PR (Public Relations) packages are carefully curated gift boxes sent to social media influencers to increase the visibility of a particular brand. In our previous blog post on influencer marketing, we spoke about how NICE Entrepreneurs can utilize the power of social media influencers to increase brand visibility. The primary goal of PR packages is for your brand to reach a wider audience and gain more traction. These PR packages need to be easy to demonstrate as well as aesthetically pleasing. Here’s a guide to designing the perfect influencer product gift and creating the perfect unboxing experience.
Picking the Influencer
The influencer you pick to market your product must align with your brand value. Since each PR package is carefully created and customized for the recipient, here are a few pointers to keep in mind.
- Understand the influencer’s buying habits
- Research any particular causes or ideologies they support
- Collect audience demographic data
- Analyze engagement insights
- Look into previous partnerships to check for any trend lines
By making use of many free influencer marketing tools, you can get detailed analytics on the demographics of the following. An example of a tool you can use is Hype Auditor, which provides an Audience Quality Score that furnishes data on the authenticity and reachability of the audience by identifying bots and fake followers.
After you have chosen the influencer to represent your brand, the next step is to approach them.
Reaching Out to the Influencer
Sliding into DMs is always harder than it looks. While reaching out to the influencer or their agency, it is crucial to introduce your brand and tell them why you think they will be a good fit for you – let them know what stood out about them and what product you would like them to advertise.
It is important that you provide a sample influencer brief that contains an overview of your company and details of any product or campaign particulars.
Be clear on the deliverables expected from their end. It would be advisable to draw up a copyright agreement regarding the reposting or reusing of any photos or videos taken by them.
Once the agreement has been finalized and the deal is sealed, it is time to pick what goes in the box.
Choosing the Item
Finding the synergy between a gift that is unique to your brand as well as representative of the influencer’s image is crucial. Here are a few ideas to get you on track to picking the perfect gift.
- Introduction of the products that are part of an upcoming collection or launch.
- Items that are fun and engaging for the influencer to demonstrate.
- Products that are seasonal or festive.
- Gifts that are themed for special or quirky days such as Women’s day, National Ayurveda Day, etc.
- Packages that fall under a particular color palette that is representative of your brand
After picking the contents, you must go the extra mile to ensure that your package gives the receiver a feeling of exclusivity.
Customizing the Package
A personal touch goes a long way. This makes the brand stand out as well as gives the influencer a talking point while advertising.
Writing a personal note relevant to the content they create or engraving their name on the product makes it look like you care about the influencer—this aids in building a long-term relationship with the receiver.
For example, Sew Scrunchies received a personal note as part of a PR package by Rumer, a crystal jewelry store. You must also make sure the note has the basic product insights as well as a list of all their social media handles. For example, this thank you note inside the packaging sent by Claykari mentions their contact info and social handles.
Packaging the Product
First impressions matter. The key to the design of a successful PR box lies in its wrapping. The shipping box must be unique or eye-catching to set the tone for the item that lies inside and adds to the brand image.
- Ensure that the brand name is emboldened on the cover. A branded tote bag by the audio-gear company, UBON serving as a unique and functional PR package box.
- Add the extra touch of custom shipping labels, branded packaging tape, or stickers with the brand logo. For example, a PR package sent by Dreamer Forever, a dream catcher company that has the brand logo sticker on the package.
- Make sure that the parcel is easy to open, as the unpacking is often done on videos posted on Instagram stories.
- Include any brochure or extra contact information inside the box.
- Check that the product is easy to ship to eliminate any possibility of damage in transit.
Once the product is ready to ship, it is essential to include the influencer every step of the way.
Keeping the Recipient in the Loop
Influencer marketing relies on building a narrative. In order for them to build-up to the unboxing, make sure the influencer is aware of the product and its specifications. This will help them prepare how to present your brand’s product to their audience. For example, if contacted by a loungewear company, the influencer can reference her love for pajamas in her previous stories, making her comments on the arrival of the PR package more authentic.
The shipment, tracking, and delivery of the package can be handled through third-party influencer gifting platforms.
But wait, you aren’t done! The partnership isn’t over just because the package is shipped.
After the influencer receives your package, follow up and show your appreciation for their work. This helps build a strong connection with them for future endorsements. Here are a few action items to keep in mind.
- Engage with and reshare the post or story to get noticed.
- Provide a promo code or affiliate link to the influencer to provide to their audience to get discounts and other offers.
- Evaluate the return of interest using social media monitoring tools. This will help you streamline the selection process for future collaborations.
These tips will help you create the perfect PR package that your influencer will love and help further foster your relationships with them. Through this connection, they will recommend more of your products to their followers, helping you reach a wider demographic while spreading joy.
COMING UP NEXT:
In the next segment of our influencer marketing series, we will be talking further about measuring the return of interest and increasing conversion rates from these marketing campaigns. Keep your eyes peeled to our blog!
About the Author
Maithree Venkatesan is a final year student pursuing her undergraduate studies in Biological Sciences at BITS Pilani. Hyderabad Campus. Passionate about the intersection of neuroscience, literature, and public health, she has completed her Master’s thesis at UC San Diego on Autism early intervention. An avid reader and writer from a young age, Maithree is passionate about the representation of Indian culture on a global scale.